Join online by going to: http://bshsptsa.com/membership/
Why Join PTSA? What is PTSA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected and Tap Into a Network. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school. Becoming a part of the PTSA gives you the opportunity to be in the school and get to know the administration, staff and events that happen. You can meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students including
BSHS PTSA website www.bshsptsa.com and Facebook page (Bryan Station High School PTSA)
16th District PTA website (www.fcps.net/pta) and Facebook (16th District PTA – Lexington, KY)
National PTA website (www.pta.org), Facebook (Parent Teacher Association), Twitter Feed (@NationalPTA), and even a YouTube Channel! Online parenting resources, including select articles from Our Children magazine.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school. PTA has a history of being a major advocate for legislation for our kids and was a major player is the instigation of the school lunch program, kindergarten, juvenile justice system and much, more historical changes that benefit our kids. E-newsletters from the national level are available on parenting and legislative issues
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Leadership Training Opportunities. PTSA offers parents and students the opportunity to hone their leadership skills by accepting committee or officer positions. PTA offers training for parents at the district, state and national levels. Even more training is provided with on-line videos.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For only $5 you can become a PTA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join! Use http://bshsptsa.com/membership/ to get the membership form!